Team Lead Product Development (m/f/d)
Germany, KölnProduct Development
Hey! We are Kapten & Son - one of the most successful D2C fashion and lifestyle brands in Germany. You can find our products all over Europe online as well as in our 8 retail stores and at our retail partners. Over 1,5 million people follow our brand on social media. We started in Münster, now we're in Cologne!
But our story has just begun: 180 Kaptens have been giving their best every day since 2014 to achieve our vision - to become one of the most successful lifestyle brands in Europe. #crewloveistruelove
On this journey, we need you to work with us on the success of our brand!
You carry the Kapten spirit within you and identify with our cultural values:
Put people first. Think outside the box. Do it with all your heart. 🧡
Then apply as Team Lead of Product Development (m/f/d)!
- You lead our creative 3-person product development team and report directly to our CEO
- You will manage projects holistically and develop dedicated product strategies, from the research phase to order confirmation, in close coordination with internal stakeholders such as our operations and marketing team
- You lead all design activities and are primarily responsible for ensuring design quality, meeting deadlines and prioritizing work as well as resources under the guidance and supervision of your team members
- You review design projects for feasibility, in consultation with our international network of suppliers
- You refine and optimize our product design language and aesthetic direction across all product categories
- You drive the continuous development of our product portfolio and the use of sustainable materials and processes together with your team
- You professionalize our in-house rapid prototyping lab to be able to test product ideas even faster
We're a match if you...
- have at least 3 years of professional and relevant management experience in the field of Product Development
- completed your Bachelor's or Master's degree in product design, industrial design and fashion design or a similar field of study
- have holistic experience along the product life cycle, ideally in a fast growing D2C company
- are able to engage and inspire people with your empathetic, communicative and convincing personality
- always keep the overview in a fast-paced work environment and neither stress nor hectic can affect your structure
- are constantly on the hunt for creative solutions and innovative approaches and always have an eye on the big picture - as well as on every little detail
- are always up to date and know which trends we should and should not follow
- are an expert in all current Adobe CC programs and are familiar with Rhino 3D
- speak fluent German and English
Are you screaming “Yes!" out loud? Then let us briefly tell you what awaits you:
→ More information about our daily work can be found on Instagram: @kaptenandson.career
Janina is looking forward to your application including your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations.